Saturday 2 January 2010

Enterprise & Innovation
Re-evaluation & Proposition: Greetings Card Designer

For my Enterprise I was unsure of what was actually being asked of me, was I producing a plan for when I leave to come to some big design company? The answer was of course, no. Innovation and enterprise is about exactly what it says, its about being innvoative and creating an enterprise or a company, not about going to work for someone else. Simply offering your new designs skills to a company and saying, 'hey take me on,' is not innovative, when nearly 50 people on the same course are wanting to do the same thing the odds are more or less against you. Having spoken to Bridget my concious was cleared and spoke about what my ambitions were not just in design but as part of my whole life, the important thing to remember about the subject was bringing something new.
So it is about creating something innovative. As a designer and a person I have ambitions to sell my create talents in product and aim to create products that people will buy, but what I want to do is create something different from the market something that is personal and offers something that is special. One of the things I have always wanted to do is create greetings cards, I have always made my own, not because they are cheaper but because it's personal and I would like to sell them properly as a part of my practice.
I would like to create a range of greetings cards for valentines. being the nearest seasonal opportunity for people to buy greetings cards I will also be able to test my ability to use what I have learnt during the innovation and enterprise module to better how I go about the project and not to just regurgitate the information. This will involve using the 4P's, customer segmentation analysis, a SWOT analysis to eveluate conpetitor and the communication mix to help in my marketing strategy, of course there are other aspects to consider which will help my business plan more successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment